Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

11.02.2005

Today we were boarded by an invisible alien.

I was resting in my quarters when I was alerted by Mr Chekov. He requested my presence on the bridge immediately, as something was attacking Mr Sulu. Spock and the others were stood around looking horrified whilst Sulu was writhing round on the floor with his hands on his throat.

I tore my shirt off and went to dive towards his assailant, when suddenly Sulu stopped squirming.

“I think it’s gone into the turbolift!” he yelled.

I dived in after it and the doors shut behind me. I span around with my fists out so that I could hit the unseen foe before it got a chance to activate the controls, and head for the transporter bay. After 2 or 3 minutes swinging, I hit nothing. I banged on the lift doors, screaming for the ship to be put on red alert as the beast had escaped, probably hell bent on crippling the warp drive.

The doors swooshed open and I leapt out ready for action.

Everyone looked slightly uncomfortable. There was an awkward silence. Spock told me that they had successfully located the creatures life sign signature and beamed it out into space.

When I glanced around the bridge to check everyone was okay, I noticed Sulu had a strange smirk on his face. Then Bones passed something to him that I couldn’t quite see. He was probably shaken up from the encounter, and maybe laughter was his way of dealing with the trauma of an alien assault. Bones was probably passing him a cloth or something to mop his brow.

I congratulated the crew on their quick thinking and went back to my quarters to rest.

I’m sure I heard peels of laughter as the doors closed behind me.

Poor Sulu. It's best that he gets it out of his system.

I’ll check on him tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 8:23 pm, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think Mr Sulu might have a few problems that he's keeping locked away.

 
At 9:35 pm, Blogger Trinity13 said...

Sounds like Sulu might need to be probed if his behavior doesn't improve!

 
At 2:03 am, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

From what I've heard, Sulu wouldn't have any objection to being probed.

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Can't you see those insubordinate half wits are taking the proverbial urine out of you?

There was no creature.

Its was YOU they were laughing at!!

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Jean Luc: He has been looking at me a bit strangely recently. Perhaps he is under the control of the unseen entity we encountered!

Trinity: I will consider your recommendations.

Professor: Come to think of it, he does spend an awful lot of time in sick bay.

Mr Toast: This is highly unlikely. It is not the first time this has happened, so i think you are probably wrong. You would be courtmartialled if I had my way. That, or I would attack you with a forward roll/karate chop combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home