Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

12.07.2005

My head hurts. I have a crease in my face that makes me look like Ernst Blofeld.

I went to a christmas party last night on Picards ship. It must have been fantastic, because I woke up this morning in a cell.

That's always the sign of a good party.

At first I thought I had been slashed, but it seems I acquired the marking from sleeping face down on the floor.

Some vaguelly familiar bearded hot shot came down to see me and outlined my 'unacceptable behaviour' from the previous evening.

His face was bright red.

He yelled something about my terrible singing and his indifference to my stage dive. He seemed to expect an apology or an admission of shame or something. I wearily told him that he should have read up on his starfleet history before inviting me. Some of my more public misdemeanors were well documented in the starfleet logs. God knows enough of them were published in 'Self Diagnostic' magazine.

His face turned purple.

He exploded with rage, yelling obscenities and pointing to the dishevelled figure slumped on the floor across the cell from me, her pretty uniform torn in all the right places.

A memory picked itself up from the dark corner of my mind, dropped it's bottle and danced wildly before my eyes.

It's all coming back to me now...

Fly boy over there and the tasty young morsel in my cell had been slow dancing to 10cc's 'I'm not in love'. I recall that she was quite wobbly, singing loudly and pointing to Beard Master in an overly emphatic manner. He looked rather awkward, and his face was red. Must be his favourite colour.

Anyway, to save him any more embarassment I asked the band to play something a little more upbeat, and I cut in on him. She seemed to like the insistant funk of 'Stayin Alive' and we got down to it big style.

Man, she moved like a Nebula class starship at maximum warp.

I remember that I had my hand on her perfect little buns and I was just about to reach round to stroke her Tribble, but then everything went black. I was nowhere near my limit so my away mission must have been cancelled without my say so by the hairy cornflake here, probably with a well placed phaser blast.

Number 1 my ass. He's more like a number 2.

11 Comments:

At 7:37 pm, Blogger Doug Murata said...

Sounds like a great party! I'm surprised they were surprised about your conduct. The exploits of the captain of the Enterprise should be well known throughout the entire quadrant! There should be a whole class devoted just to you at the Academy!

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger Grace said...

uh.

it's always an interesting read

 
At 9:00 pm, Blogger Vegeta said...

heh Way to go cap

 
At 12:19 am, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Isn't there some kind of Starfleet regulation against a junior officer shooting a superior officer? Then again, there's probably a reg about date-rape, too.

 
At 8:28 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

You can't escape shite music. Nobody can.

 
At 10:15 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Big score with the counsellor. Did she help you with any of your 'issues?'

 
At 11:02 am, Blogger Aminah said...

Speaking of number 2s, what ARE those toilets like in the cell? Forgive my curious facination...Are they the funky old school space toilets (ie. aim in the general direction of the little hose) or do you just get a slop bucket (with futuristic flashing lights for effect and easy after-dark acces)?

 
At 12:31 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Murata: There is now. It's called 'The Idiots Guide to Starship Captaincy'.

Grace: 'uh' IS always an interesting read, isn't it? The letters look funny together. upside down it is 'yn' which means 'cock' in Romulan.

Vegetable: Thank you.

Prof: There is about the fromer, but not the latter. I checked. It's always best to be sure.

Bt3: Unwanted Aural Invasion (UAI) has yet to have a fluctuating shield frequency regulated to repel it.

Toast: All of them. I feel cleansed yet damaged. curious.

Aminah: You sit on the bucket, and your waste is beamed out of your body by a transporter housed in the handle. Sometimes it goes wrong and it ends up in your eyes.

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

It surprises me you were never demoted to Starfleet Cadet. In the 24th Century, it just isn't allowed.

 
At 9:15 pm, Blogger Trinity13 said...

That's what you get for trying to help a guy out!

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Captain: Hey there. That was some party. Thanks for letting me back to my ship.

DDC: What is an 'Office'?

Trinity: If only those 24th century folk were all as wise as you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home