Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

6.02.2006

This will be my last entry.

Starfleet have fired me, following allegations about some regulations I may have breached.

Something to do with 'immoral interference with a inferior species.' Such frivolities never bothered them when I was mopping up their bad decisions in the Delta quadrant. They happily turned a blind eye so long as their foul little secrets were never outed. But now there's a new boss in town who's cleaning up Starfleets image, so guess who his minions are holding accountable for all their colossal muck ups. Yours truly of course.

Hypocrites. Every last one of them.

And they're making me the escape goat.

Except there's no escape, because there can be no appeal against the verdict. I was held in contempt of court, whatever that means. I was told that I will never Captain another vessel again. I even have to be supervised with a rubber duck in the bath. And not by a pleasant multicoloured alien female, I might add.

Anyhow, when the man in the funny hat told me I was guilty on all charges, and that my utter disregard for all that is morally decent within the starfleet code rendered me unsafe to Captain even a netball team, I tore off my shirt, forward rolled across the courtroom and dropped one of my extra special 'photon torpedos' on the courtroom floor.

As the missile steamed majestically on the glistening wood surface and the open-mouthed press pack showered me with flashbulbs, I stared the wizened old coot directly in the eye and smiled.

"How about that for a dishonourable discharge?" I said.

So, from the comfort of the luxury retirement apartment that I blackmailed my superiors into giving me, I leave you with this thought:

Being a Captain is not about wearing a badge or a uniform. It's about taking charge and doing whatever the hell you like.

Make it so.

21 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo



we need Capt Berk moments


say it isnt so :((

 
At 5:02 pm, Blogger Trinity13 said...

Come on now...you can't leave! Just apply for an admiral position!!!

 
At 6:58 pm, Blogger Vegeta said...

well this sucks....

 
At 6:59 pm, Blogger Vegeta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger Doug Murata said...

Captain, if you have to sign off, then so be it. You'll be missed. However, if the time ever comes that you find yourself in command again, we'll be back to read up on your adventures and exploits.

 
At 10:59 pm, Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Wow, bustin' a movement right there in court. You are a god of among men ... a sick, twisted, dememted, danger to self and others, 5150, whacked out of your mind god, but a god never the less.

 
At 2:20 am, Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

i'm with vampirella on this one.

 
At 2:58 am, Blogger Between daisies said...

I imagine you will have to get a real job now?

 
At 10:00 am, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I agree with Vampirella on this. We need to remind ourselves what Starfleet was like before it became civilised.

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

You lame duck!

Who's going to replace the likes of you?

Nobody can fill your heavily soiled shoes. You are a dinosaur, but a majestic one onetheless, and you should be preserved.

Head to the Starfleet museum..

 
At 6:12 pm, Blogger Jardena said...

I will certainly miss you and your particular brand of insights.

Will you still stop by to comment, hopefully?

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Oh please. Any day now Star Fleet is going to be knocking on your door, dragging you out of retirement to deal with whatever latest crisis the Klingons are causing.

That "dishonerable discharge," while totally gross, was really funny.

 
At 2:50 am, Blogger Richard Quick, Millionaire said...

Captain:

You know you'll always have a job with me. We need good strong commanders like you on our security ships to protect our Uranic mining operations. I'll double your Starfleet pay, but hurry. There are Klingons on Uranus that must be cleaned up asap.

report to my blog a O eighthundred hours or something.

Millionaire Richard Quick, Esq.

 
At 8:22 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

I hear the Fox network will be shooting a thirteen-part 'Best Of' Captain's Blog series in the fall.

I don't know why I wrote fall because where I come from, Earth, it means to hit the ground.

Keep your eyes in the sky, El Captain.

 
At 2:07 am, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

I'm beginning to think you just might have been serious.

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Man, this is a long shore leave.

 
At 11:13 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I heard from the errant Captain just the other day.

He was quite drunk, talking to me from a federation prison phone.

He made a lot of bad noise about being busted for drink driving a shuttle during a pilot training mission he was hosting at the academy.

The attendent cadets had to restrain then imprison him.

He's looking at 5 year stretch.

 
At 11:49 pm, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

A five year mission to boldly sit in a prison cell? Hopefully no one will go where no man has ever gone before.

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

I cannot speak for long, suffice to say that I do not remember the phonecall to Mr Toast, although what he says must be true.

I am currently on the run so I am unable to reveal my actual location in a Travel Lodge near Barnstaple.

Oh..

 
At 7:59 pm, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Well, perhaps you can leave your starship to a new generation or something.

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger Pie! said...

Ah, too bad this is discontinued.

Good reads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home