Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

8.08.2007

The Kobayashi Maru Scenario went rather well.

Sisqo put me in the Holodeck thing, which is just a big room with grids on the wall. At first I thought the game had changed and I just had to find my way out, so I started punching the walls to find gaps. This proved to be a poor tactic when the simulation started and I accidentally punched out my 1st officer as she appeared in front of me.

She fell onto one of the control consoles and hit the 'photon torpedo spread' button, destroying the Kobayashi Maru - the ship we were meant to be protecting.

I received a hail from one of the Klingon Battlecruisers asking what was going on. I had a flash of inspiration and said that I was planning to defect and turn over my ship, and that my first officer was a romantic gift to the Klingon High Council.

Suddenly, the funny grids reappeared and Sisqo walked in through a door. He said that my action 'was the grossest act of misconduct ever witnessed in the scenario' and that 'even if I was the real Berk, I would go to the gulag of Rura Penthe for my breathtaking insubordination'.

Well, there's no fooling Captain Berk.

I punched out the Holo-Sisqo and made for the Klingon Warbird, curious about this new twist on the original Kobayashi Maru scenario.

Along the way, I managed to acquire a phaser by punching out a hologram of that Bajoran Command Officer whose name escapes me, and after I had stunned three or four of those menial guard types (the ones who used to get saddled with the different coloured uniforms on my away missions) I made it to the Warbird and got myself some blood wine from the replicator.

I fired up the engines and managed to melt myself free from the belly of Deep Space Nine.

My guess was that - in this new scenario - Sisqo had gone mad and was using the old test to demoralise young cadets into thinking they were unworthy of Starfleet. This was a new test; a test of questioning authority, and when it should and should not be done. I replicated another blood wine and a tribble pizza, then locked the photon torpedos onto the station and requested they surrender.

I won't repeat the language Holo-Sisqo used in response.

2-0 to me!

11 Comments:

At 12:35 pm, Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

*Laughs*

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger Okami said...

My commendations Captain – you’ll be Admiral in no time!

 
At 7:43 pm, Blogger Ant said...

Berk rules ok! Much better than that other one that we do not mention...

Oh, and I believe the command officer's name is Kira Nerys. (Though I realise you may be referring to her forgettability as a command officer...)

 
At 11:19 pm, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Grossest act of misconduct? I guess he hasn't heard about your weekend with Yoman Rand on Arteries 4.

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger Doug Murata said...

So, if it appears that you blew up the Kobayashi Maru in the holodeck, defected to the side of the holodeck Klingons, punched out the holodeck Sisqo, punched out and disarmed the holodeck Kira, shot a bunch of holodeck guards, escaped onto the holodeck Klingon Warbird, and forced the holodeck space station to surrender, does that mean you're still in the simulation?

 
At 2:02 am, Blogger Nepharia said...

Simulation, smimulation.....what is reality after all?

I say blast Deep Space Nine back into the void. They never really had any good characters anyway (except maybe Quark....)

-n

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Flik: This is no laughing matter

Okami: Holo-Admiral, maybe.

Ant: Ah, that's right. I remember a guard shouting it right after I punched her out (then blasted him)

Prof: The courtmartial stipulated that I am never to discuss that again.

Lt Murata: I'll elaborate upon that in my next log. Suffice to say I may have become a little confused.

Darth: I like your style.

 
At 4:53 pm, Blogger Okami said...

"Holo-Admiral"?

Captain, perhaps you would like to take a moment and reassess whether or not you would like to remain with that particular title offering, or if you would like to consider just how much comedic fodder you have instantaneously provided for the rest of your crew…

 
At 1:26 am, Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

wow, violence does solve anything.

 
At 4:17 am, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

A tribble pizza? Isn't that kind of hairy?

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

Believe me, nothing is more hairy than chinchillas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home