Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

8.20.2007

According to Starfleet, my handling of the new Kobayashi Maru scenario 'further blurred the line between madness and genius'.

I don't really know what that means.

Anyway, not long after I finished my Deep Pan Double Tribble Surprise (With Extra Hair), A Holo-Admiral from Starfleet command called me on a an ultra secure emergency frequency and requested that I power down my phasers immediately and return to Deep Space Nine.

I said that the Holo-Sisqo had gone mad and that I really ought to destroy the station before an intergalactic incident occured. Holo-Admiral sounded incredibly distressed and after a long silence he told me I had passed the test. I asked him whether my thinking could be perceived as being highly original. After another long pause he agreed that it could be and that I would get a certificate with my name on it and some vouchers - which they don't usually provide.

I shouted loudly and did a forward roll/karate chop to celebrate.

Sadly, I managed to rip my shirt on the rough edge of a Klingon gantry.

Apparently, there was some kind of fault with the Holo-Deck so the Holo-Admiral said that I had to 'end the simulation manually'. This meant docking with DS9 and going directly back to my cell because ending the simulation any other way would 'interfere with my brain pulses and alpha thought pattern tidal waves'.

I think that's what he said anyway.

Admirals are paid to know a lot of useless jargon like this so I thought best not to argue and just head back to my cell.

There was a burger waiting for me - another gift for my strategic brilliance. It tasted funny, but I was hungry. I fell asleep shortly after that. I was pretty tired from all my original thinking.

When I woke up, the command crew were present and seemed quite relieved.

They were probably worried that I had been hurt.

7 Comments:

At 5:53 pm, Blogger Ant said...

I'm curious - what's the surprise in a Deep Pan Double Tribble Surprise?

 
At 2:32 am, Blogger Doug Murata said...

"Sadly, I managed to rip my shirt on the rough edge of a Klingon gantry."

Captain, I must say that it is never sad when that happens. Remember: women want you, men want to be you. To some degree, you fulfill all of our fantasies when that happens.

 
At 12:34 am, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Original thinking sounds useful. And dangerous. Usefully dangerous? Dangerously useful? I'll have to think carefully before I decided whether to let the X-Men use it.

 
At 2:15 am, Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

foolish fools!

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

How many shirts do you go through in a day, anyway?

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This holographic simulation sounds awfully realistic.

Tell me, when you woke up, was your shirt still torn?

If so, don't you think that's a little bit strange?

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Flik Sivrak said...

See, that's the problem with holodecks...they can be too realistic. Fortunately, we only ever use holograms for communication...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home