Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

1.30.2006

I have spent the last three weeks narrowly avoiding a courtmartial at Starfleet headquarters on Earth.

It all started when Spock stole my fake tan "for analysis". He said it smelt of Uranium. I had no idea that it was dangerous. Anyway, I beamed him down onto a passing asteroid for a laugh. Nobody told me that Asteroids don't have any atmosphere (kind of like Spocks birthday parties). Luckily, Scotty beamed him back up before he suffocated.

He reported me to Starfleet Command and I ended up in New Brussels on trial.

Unfortunately, on the last day of the case I got a little carried away. At first, the jury were putty in my hands as I strode about the courtroom emoting passionately on the introverted torture of my suntan addiction. But they started to look a little confused at the climax of my closing statement when I fell to my knees and sobbed as the powerful strains of 'Moonlight Sonata' materialised as if from nowhere. Even the judge looked peturbed at being unable to locate the source of the music.

Sensing that I was losing them, I forward rolled into a crouch and yelped like a puppy to express the pain and solitude of my crippling condition.

There was silence.

I had them!

But no..

Everybody was staring not at me, but at the floor. The tape recorder hidden inside my shirt had fallen to the ground and shattered, spilling its guts everywhere. Somehow, my top had mysteriously torn.

I got away with it though. I'm back on board and Spock has a restraining order so that he cannot go within 5 metres of me or my washbag. It makes away missions a bit of a logistical nightmare, but I don't care. He's not happy.

Ha ha!

It's amazing what the promise of an Romulan Erogenous Magnification Generator and incriminating CCTV will do to grease the impulse engines of power......

17 Comments:

At 4:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That spok can be such a whiner, a course all them pointy ear'd devils is that away.

Cant take a joke, so whats a couple a minutes without air between friends !

 
At 5:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... so a restrianing order for only 5 metters?

 
At 5:28 pm, Blogger Doug Murata said...

Awesome! I'm sure that everything going through his head was just "Captain, this is not a logical course of action." Logical my ass!

Human emotion wins again!

 
At 6:00 pm, Blogger Jardena said...

Welcome back Captain, and good job with the jury. Curse those easily torn shirts, they may one day be your down fall

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Trinity13 said...

You gonna keep that torn shirt Captain Berk? I'd love to have it!!!

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

The things to do is give him a dose of his own medicine. First, drug his food. Then when he's passed out, cover him head to toe in your special tanning cream. Maybe like a triple dose. When he wakes up, he'll see it's not really so bad and he will thank you for giving him a new perspective.

 
At 1:13 am, Blogger Vegeta said...

you yelled Khan several times at the trial again didn't you.

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

It all makes sense now... It was about a week and a half ago that I realised who you were, Captain. And now that I can sing it, I'm drunk with admiration.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say Jeff Beck's size 34 paper fingers ten times.

;)

 
At 1:17 pm, Blogger Grace said...

you must be Canadian. Only idiots spell "meter", "metre"

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Andy, will that make the Candyman appear? I'll mate with any space alien, but I draw the line there.

Vegeta: I'm afraid I did. They thought i was saying 'c*nt'. I was ejected from the courtroom

Jaba: He's quite uptight.

Vampirella: It means I can still aim taunts at him. It's tough to mock someone who is a mile away.

Doug: As always

Oneida: They are my downfall everytime i fall down.

Trin: I keep all my torn shirts. They make good hankies.

Prof: You truly are the mutant Jeremy Beadle.

Grace: Only idiots spell. I order my officers to do it for me.

 
At 8:40 pm, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You definately need a shirt of stronger material.

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Kaufman said...

The Candyman would be difficult to mount. I think he's 6'4". I could paint a sheep black for you. Save your energy for the act.

BTW, Grace's comment cracked me up. I was literally propelled into a bath of champagne as a consequence.

Perhaps she's under the influence of opinion that everyone on Earth uses the infinitely inferior strand of English as she.

I guess the term American-English is only used outside of America.

BTW, Captain...Do Americans know what adverbs are? I only hear adjectives in their less than stupid form of communication:

"Drive safe."
"You talk stupid."
"Is that a crucifix in your pocket or are you just walking funny?"

 
At 1:08 am, Blogger Doug Murata said...

Americans are known to use an abundance of adverbs. Unfortunately, the close-minded of the lot tend to shy away from things that are frighteningly different from themselves. (They are a cowardly and superstitious group.) Some of us lovingly embrace those who are different. I, for one, enjoy the colourful humour that can be found to the north and overseas. I find that the other English speaking countries of the world can be a wonderfully diverse source for culture and knowledge.

It's a matter of the intelligence of the individual, Andy, and not the portrayed stupidity of the population as a whole. One person who is incapable of properly utilizing the English language does not represent us as a whole.

(Just for the record, I'm offended that Grace would imply that all Canadians are stupid. It makes the rest of us look bad!)

 
At 3:37 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

Doug, I'm really pleased about your P.O.V. and the way you've phrased it as it coincides with mine.

Your concluding thought was the crux of my argument, which is why I used the examples I did and why I came across as the arrogant stereotype of an omniscient son of an obese bastard that I am not.

I get the feeling that you knew that.

BTW, I intended no offense to those capable of using the English language as it was intended to be used, and not as it is scripted for the likes of COPS and A Simple Life.

I should really visit your site and allow Captain Berk some space for others to comment.

 
At 12:04 am, Blogger Doug Murata said...

Andy, not to sound full of myself, but yes, I feel that I understood what you were trying to say. To pull references from the more, shall we say, "backwoods" folks of America, we totally "tag-teamed" Grace! It'll be a while before she tries anything again in this "squared circle!" (Pro-wrestling is a bittersweet source of comedy for me.) And yet, you never know. With somebody who refers to herself as the magical "Princess Grace," anything within the realm of stupidity is possible.

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I'm with the Captain.

Spelling should be delegated to people who haven't got more shirt-tearingly important tasks at hand.

 
At 12:24 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Picard: I still manage to tear them. (I tape razors to my chest)

Andy: Adverbs are advertisments for verbs, are they not? That's what I thought.

Doug: Whole races can be purpose bred for stupidity purposes. I once landed on a planet that conducted such activities. I was in repeat-mating heaven. Then I got sore and had to leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home