Captains Blog

Boldly going where no blog has gone before..

2.13.2006

I have spent the last few weeks stranded in space.

The ships computer developed a fault. Maybe it was something with the bacon sandwich I accidently dropped into it's central processor during a particularly long game of hide and seek that Khan and I got into last month.

Anyway, the computer wouldn't go to warp speed without spending an hour running self-diagnostics first. I was late for every appointment for a 2 day period.

It only got worse.

Instead of the high tech cast iron & bakelite control panels I was used to, I wandered onto the bridge one morning to find they had all been replaced with what appeared to be a lone computer. It was rubbish. When I turned it upside down, all the keys fell out.

I still can't find the '#'

I asked the computer what happened, but there was no response.

Spock said the computer had developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder combined with Alzheimers v5.0. To alleviate the problem, he had dug out his Sinclair Spectrum ZX81 to bypass the main system and use what little memory we had left. 48k to be exact. I could run 'Wonderboy' but not the gravitational field simulation software that Spock needed for his science project.

I tried to console him with the high score i got, but it didn't seem to work. He evacuated the ship and suggested that I try and sort the problem out, as I had caused it.

This morning I got my highest ever score.

No one was around to see it though.

Shame.

11 Comments:

At 6:36 pm, Blogger Doug Murata said...

It is a shame! As a matter of course, I suggest you hunt Spock down so you can throw him in the brig. I would suggest court martial, but he does bring about peace with the Klingons and eventually tries to do the same with the Romulans. I think the Romulans will be a failure, though. You've got to let him build himself up before he can fall flat on his Vulcan face.

 
At 1:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alzhimers v5.0 , I think that is what I have developing in my system.

 
At 3:05 am, Blogger Vegeta said...

well at least you have your priorites straight.

 
At 6:52 am, Blogger Kaufman said...

Huzzar!

A golden sash with the words 'Master Blaster' plus a cassette of Calypso Tunes VIII is on its way to you, Cap'n.

We are indeed in the presence of greatness.

May I call you Your Worship, Your Worship?

 
At 8:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mailman says, I have a Valentine's card from Vampirella

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Captain Berk said...

Doug: Courtmartiel it is then. I have no place in peacetime.

Jabba: You look like a big poo. But in a sexy way.

Vegeta: You look a bit like Wonderboy!

Andy k: You can call me whatever you like, as long as it starts with Captain. Say, Captain Your Worship for example.

Captain your Warship!!

Where are my pills?

 
At 8:27 pm, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A Spectrum ZX81 solves everything.

 
At 4:18 am, Blogger Jardena said...

maybe you should take the ship in to get looked at. Would give you many more people to meet and mingle with :)

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger Vegeta said...

Then Wonder boy must be popular with the females

 
At 1:09 am, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

You see, bacon is bad for you.

 
At 12:30 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

You really are something else aren't you?

Spock's probably waiting for you along with the rest of the crew on starbase 9 right now, wondering when you'll show up.

Put Wonderboy down and get back to work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home